Blake Worrall Thompson is one of the most sought after Performance and lifestyle coaches in the country. He has owned and operated a number of fitness training businesses with his most successful creation being the ‘6w2s’ programs – 6 weeks to sexy & 6 weeks to shredded). However after years in the fitness industry Blake has shifted gears slightly and is now known more for his ability to transform lives through his incredible mindset coaching.
Blake is dedicated to helping people break through the barriers that are holding them back from having it all.
Social & Website Links
Gavin Lang is a mountain guide, and his passion is helping people achieve their mountaineering objectives, one important step at a time. He has been guiding in the Southern Alps of New Zealand since 2004 and he incorporate coaching and self-development skills into his programme to ensure maximum fulfillment.
He helps his clients achieve their very best potential physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually whilst adventuring in some of the wildest terrain on the planet. Through daily challenges and debriefs, he facilitate growth not normally encountered on a standard mountaineering experience, ensuring you fully enjoy the process.
Ultimately, you will walk away with new skills and perspectives to help balance your life on and off the mountain.
Gav is also husband to Jin, father to Violet and lives in the beautiful town of Wanaka on the South Island of New Zealand. He loves to eat wholesome organic food, and practices mindfulness through Meditation and Yoga.
He has worked as a Travel Agent in Ireland, qualified as a Cave Leader in Belgium, gained a Diploma with distinction in Dutch, toured in Europe and the US as a Drummer, gained an Advanced Cert. in Outdoor Recreation Leadership and mountain guiding qualifications in NZ and certified as a Psychosomatic Therapist in Australia. He feels blessed to combine his business of Photography with his adventures.
Each of these varied interests has added tremendous colour and experience to his life and motivated him to establish his own guiding operation to share this knowledge.
Life is most definitely a crazy adventure to be lived.
Where to find Gav:
In this episode we answer a bunch of super common listener questions around thyroid health and thyroid healing. We dive into questions around:
Plus don't forget to sign up for Nat's upcoming Thyroid Rescue 12-Week Program launch webinar. It's free! Head on over to nataliekdouglas.com/thyroid-rescue to get on the list
Jeff Chilton has been in the mushroom industry since 1973. He has been heavily involved in both the study of mushrooms and their farming. He is a founding member of the World Society for Mushroom Biology and Mushroom Products and a member of the International Society for Mushroom Science. Jeff co-authored the highly acclaimed book, The Mushroom Cultivator, which was published in 1983.
Then in 1989 he started Nammex, a business that introduced medicinal mushrooms to
the US nutritional supplement industry. He traveled extensively in China during the 1990’s, attending conferences and visiting research facilities and mushroom farms. In 1997 he organized the first organic mushroom production seminar in China.
Jeff’s company, Nammex was the first to offer a complete line of Certified Organic mushroom extracts to the US nutritional supplement industry. Nammex extracts are used by many supplement companies and are noted for their high quality, based on scientific analysis of the active compounds.
Social & Website Links
All information about Jeff’s company, and links to further information including other podcasts Jeff has generously donated his time to can be found at http://www.nammex.com
This podcast is dedicated to answering all your thyroid questions. We touched on areas such as:
BOOK: The Rain Barrel Effect
INTEGRATIVE HEALTH PRACTITIONER PROGRAM: https://integrative-health-practitioner.teachable.com
- The challenges and power of growth
- Dropping what you know and being willing to change/explore
- Ditching people pleasing
- Rewriting your money story
- The power of who you spend time with
- Re-establishing community and connection
- Our personal goals for 2019
- Struggles with reintroducing exercise after HA
- We share our exercise stories
- Kate's essential oil road trip and how to connect with her
- Nat's Thyroid Rescue Program coming soon
- Working with us 1-1
- A special offer for our podcast listeners from Nat at the end
- Watch Nat's FREE video on the 6 step process she uses to heal people's thyroids
- Get on the waiting list for Thyroid Rescue
- Book in an appointment to work with Nat 1-1
About our beautiful guest Lily Nichols:
Lily Nichols is a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Educator, researcher, and author with a passion for evidence-based prenatal nutrition and exercise. Drawing from the current scientific literature and the wisdom of traditional cultures, her work is known for being research-focused, thorough, and sensible. Her bestselling book, Real Food for Gestational Diabetes (and online course of the same name), presents a revolutionary nutrient-dense, lower carb diet for managing gestational diabetes. Her unique approach has not only helped tens of thousands of women manage their gestational diabetes (most without the need for blood sugar-lowering medication), but has also influenced nutrition policies internationally.
Lily’s second book, Real Food for Pregnancy, is an evidence-based look at the gap between conventional prenatal nutrition guidelines and what’s optimal for mother and baby. With over 930 citations, this is the most comprehensive text on prenatal nutrition to date.
Lily is also creator of the popular blog lilynicholsrdn.com, which explores a variety of topics related to real food, mindful eating, and pregnancy nutrition.
Website & Social Links:
James is an Australian-American investor, entrepreneur, speaker, former SportsCenter anchor on ESPN, host of The James Swanwick Show podcast and the author of The 30 Day No Alcohol Challenge. Forbes listed James as one of 25 Professional Networking Experts to Watch.
James is the co founder of Swanwick Sleep which we are going to learn much more in this weeks podcast.
You can find James at:
TO ENTER THE COMPETITION TO WIN A FREE PAIR OF SWANNIES:
1. Go to the iTunes store and search for "The Holistic Nutritionist Podcast"
2. Leave a rating and review BEFORE November 16th 2018
**Note: Previous ratings and reviews will automatically enter the draw to win**
Our guest: Dr Lewis Ehrlich
Lewis is a holistic dentist at Sydney Holistic Dental Centre. With a background in professional soccer and his passion for holistic health, Lewis focuses on the link between oral health and general overall health. His mission is to educate people to take control of their own health and prevent oral health disease and in-turn overall health diseases.
Before studying dentistry, he completed a Bachelor of Science at North eastern University in Boston, after receiving a soccer scholarship where he played for 2 years. He then moved to Iceland where he played professional soccer.
Lewis is passionate about the many links between oral and general health. He is a qualified fitness instructor and has graduated from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition in New York, with a qualification in Holistic Health Coaching. He is also a member of the Australasian College of Nutritional & Environmental Medicine (ACNEM), the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain, and the American Academy of Cosmetic Orthodontics.
- Main nutritional goals post pregnancy
- Do women still need to be eating “extra”, if so, how much?
- Important nutrients and specific foods for post pregnancy
- Food prep strategies for new mums
- Meal frequency post pregnancy
- Thoughts on low carb post pregnancy
- Advice and experience on the pressure to "losing baby weight"
- Kate's experience with post natal depression
- Supplements and essential oils post pregnancy
Kate's blog on post natal depression
- What is Hashimoto’s?
- How can you get tested properly
- Clinical signs/symptoms of Hashimoto's
- Dietary approaches to decreasing thyroid antibodies
- Supplements to help reduce thyroid antibodies and promote thyroid function
- Important lifestyle tweaks
- What happens if none of that works? What else can be at play?
- Brief summary about Nat’s Thyroid Rescue program coming soon
Sonya Reynolds is a Nutritionist, with over 10 years industry experience. Sonya specialises children’s nutrition and has an abundance of experience working with children with special needs. This passion was born from her own personal experience with her beautiful daughter which you can hear more about in the podcast. Sonya currently practise online via Skype and in person at Studio-You clinicin Birchgrove which is in Sydney’s Inner West.
You can find Sonya here.
What is PMS?
Should we just accept PMS as part of “being a woman?”
What are the causes of PMS?
What dietary changes can we make to help with PMS?
Can exercise help with PMS? If so, which kind?
Supplements to help treat PMS
Essential oils for PMS
- Random rant on our favourite personal development resources at the moment
- What is high intensity exercise
- What are the benefits and downsides?
- How much is enough and how much is too much?
- Is there anyone who shouldn't do it?
- If you are going to do a fairly large amount of it (4+ days) what do you need to consider?
- The importance of adequate protein, plus how much is "adequate"?- - The importance of adequate carbohydrates, plus how much is "adequate"
In this episode we are joined by Lucy Lichtenstein who is a Sydney-based wellness writer, women’s circle facilitator, yoga teacher and host of the Reconnected.me Podcast and the website www.reconnected.me
She is also a philosophy geek, poet, whole-foodie, nature being, experiencer, ecstatic dancer and mover.
Lucy has spent many years down the path of health and wellness, which naturally progressed into a wondrous journey of heart and consciousness expansion, realising, reconnecting with and remembering who she truly is, and who we truly are as humans and beyond.
Lucy believes in spreading love, health, kindness and inspiration. She now knows that her purpose and path of heart is to share from her experience to serve, support, hold space for and walk alongside others on a simultaneous journey home to the Self. She feels we are here to be in communities, to connect, collaborate, co-create, contribute and to express the innate tribal part of our nature.
Find Lucy at her wellness hub of health information, blogs, podcasts, conscious poetry, life musings, yoga and women’s circle offerings at www.reconnected.me
- What is community, what has it meant to us in the past and how do we re-create it in modern society?
- How do we find "our tribe", where do we actually start?
- What the hell is Women's Circle and what are they actually about?
- Resources to inspire your own community journey
- Letting go of old relationships to build new stronger connections
- What are neurotransmitters?
- How are these neurotransmitters made
- The key neurotransmitters and what they do
- Foods are rich in amino acids
- Other foods that can positively influence mood health
- Foods that can negatively affect mood health and neurotransmitter balance
- What is amino acid therapy? And how do you know if you should try it?
- Are there any risks associated with self experimenting with amino acid therapy?
- Essential Oils for mood health