Sonya Reynolds is a Nutritionist, with over 10 years industry experience. Sonya specialises children’s nutrition and has an abundance of experience working with children with special needs. This passion was born from her own personal experience with her beautiful daughter which you can hear more about in the podcast. Sonya currently practise online via Skype and in person at Studio-You clinicin Birchgrove which is in Sydney’s Inner West.
You can find Sonya here.
What is PMS?
Should we just accept PMS as part of “being a woman?”
What are the causes of PMS?
What dietary changes can we make to help with PMS?
Can exercise help with PMS? If so, which kind?
Supplements to help treat PMS
Essential oils for PMS
- Random rant on our favourite personal development resources at the moment
- What is high intensity exercise
- What are the benefits and downsides?
- How much is enough and how much is too much?
- Is there anyone who shouldn't do it?
- If you are going to do a fairly large amount of it (4+ days) what do you need to consider?
- The importance of adequate protein, plus how much is "adequate"?- - The importance of adequate carbohydrates, plus how much is "adequate"
In this episode we are joined by Lucy Lichtenstein who is a Sydney-based wellness writer, women’s circle facilitator, yoga teacher and host of the Reconnected.me Podcast and the website www.reconnected.me
She is also a philosophy geek, poet, whole-foodie, nature being, experiencer, ecstatic dancer and mover.
Lucy has spent many years down the path of health and wellness, which naturally progressed into a wondrous journey of heart and consciousness expansion, realising, reconnecting with and remembering who she truly is, and who we truly are as humans and beyond.
Lucy believes in spreading love, health, kindness and inspiration. She now knows that her purpose and path of heart is to share from her experience to serve, support, hold space for and walk alongside others on a simultaneous journey home to the Self. She feels we are here to be in communities, to connect, collaborate, co-create, contribute and to express the innate tribal part of our nature.
Find Lucy at her wellness hub of health information, blogs, podcasts, conscious poetry, life musings, yoga and women’s circle offerings at www.reconnected.me
- What is community, what has it meant to us in the past and how do we re-create it in modern society?
- How do we find "our tribe", where do we actually start?
- What the hell is Women's Circle and what are they actually about?
- Resources to inspire your own community journey
- Letting go of old relationships to build new stronger connections
- What are neurotransmitters?
- How are these neurotransmitters made
- The key neurotransmitters and what they do
- Foods are rich in amino acids
- Other foods that can positively influence mood health
- Foods that can negatively affect mood health and neurotransmitter balance
- What is amino acid therapy? And how do you know if you should try it?
- Are there any risks associated with self experimenting with amino acid therapy?
- Essential Oils for mood health
- Lessons we have learnt in 2017
- Looking forward to 2018; personal and business goals
- How to set yourself up for success in 2018
- Special offer on meal planning packages
- Info about Kate's next HA course
- Signs you may be consuming too little carbohydrates
- What to expect when reintroducing carbs, including what are normal teething issues and what may be a bigger problem
- Tips/strategies on reintroducing carbs: types, how many, ways to make the transition easier
- What to do if you are still experiencing issues after reintroducing carbs including addressing hormones, gut health and thyroid health
- Gut skin connection
- Diet recommendations for healthy skin
- The role of smart supplementation. Which ones and why
- Essential oils for great skin
- Lifestyle hacks to help improve skin health
- Lots more :)
- Tips on hosting and attending parties/social gatherings
- Best ways to enjoy alcohol and minimise its detrimental side effects using smart choices, strategies and specific supplements
- Dealing with anxiety around social gatherings
- Maintaining gut health through the party season
– Situations where lowering your protein intake is beneficial
– Situations where high protein diets are beneficial
– Protein on a Vegan diet
– Autophagy explained and intermitted fasting appropriateness
– Glucose uptake after training
- Diet tweaks to manage stress
- Supplements that can support you through stressful times
- Lifestyle and exercise hacks for reducing stress
- Essential oils for stressful times
- Louise Hay Daily affirmations
- Louise Hay You can heal your life
This episode is all about Kate's natural birth story, including her prep leading up to it, what happened in her journey and lots more tips tricks and info for all you mummas to be and general curious beings!
- Nat and Kate overshare...again.
- What is SIBO + the different types
- Symptoms of SIBO
- Differentiating factors between SIBO and parasites
- Testing options for SIBO and parasites
- Antimicrobials for SIBO and parasites
- Biofilm in SIBO and parasites
- Dietary Treatment strategies for SIBO and parasites
Podcast on the oral contraceptive pill
Podcast on Hypothalamic Amenorrhea
Podcast on Low Estrogen and Hypothalamic Amenorrhea
Podcast on PCOS
Podcast on Anxiety
Amy Crawford and CTC therapy
Amino Acid Therapy/The Mood Cure