Attention my active exercise lovers!
Ever wondered how the heck to eat to support your training, your hormones and your health as a female?
This episode was so much fun. I love this woman and she's arguably one of the most sought after speakers on naturopathic sports nutrition in our industry, and for good reason.
This episode is for you If you've ever wondered..
- If there is a difference between how women should fuel for training versus men
- How we should or can adapt our training and nutrition with our cycle and why
- If exercising on an empty stomach is good or bad
- If having coffee pre-workout is an ideal strategy or a no bueno - If you should be fuelling with carbs or fats in endurance training
- How soon after training you REALLY need to eat
- If intermittent fasting it a good idea for active females
Our guest: Kira Sutherland
Kira Sutherland is an Australian Naturopath and Sports Nutritionist with more than 20 years in clinical practice. She is the 2019 winner of the BioCeuticals Integrative Medicine Award for Excellence in clinical practice (Nutrition/Dietetics) and is the current performance nutritionist for the Sydney Marathon and running festival.
Kira divides her time between clients, lecturing at the undergraduate level, and mentoring practitioners of complementary medicine in the application of holistic sports nutrition. As a lifelong athlete, participating in multiple endurance sports, Kira is able to provide an integrated understanding and approach using her firsthand practical sports experience and academic and clinical background.
Known for her vibrant, straight forward teaching style, Kira’s focus is to empower and educate at a level where information can become intrinsic knowledge.
You can find Kira at: