In this episode we're discussing all things Period pain. Including:
Dr Sarah Buckley is a New-Zealand trained GP, with training in GP obstetrics. She is the author of the internationally best-selling book Gentle Birth. Gentle Mothering and the scientific report Hormonal Physiology of Childbearing, published with Childbirth Connection (US) in 2015.
Sarah is also mother to four children, all naturally born and raised, now happy and healthy in their teens and twenties.
Sarah’s work supports parents to be well informed, and to listen to their hearts and instincts, and take their rightful place as the real experts in their bodies, babies, and families.
Sarah is currently combines mothering with her work as a writer and lecturer on pregnancy, birth and parenting, and is also a PhD candidate at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia.
See www.sarahbuckley.com and her Hormonal Physiology report at http://transform.
Topics covered include:
- What happens hormonally through the birthing process and what the role of these hormones are
- What impacts oxytocin during labour or after birth
- What happens to our hormones after giving birth? and how this relate to how women FEEL
- What an ecstatic birth is
- The main ways women can achieve an empowered ecstatic birth
- Helpful resources for Mums to be
The what, why and how to test your iodine levels.
Iodine is an important mineral in thyroid, immune, and hormonal health. It can influence your weight, brain/mood, immune system, risk of certain Cancers, and your fertility.
It's something that is not tested enough in my opinion and today we are chatting all about why to get tested, and how to get tested.