What is a GOOD period? Is YOUR period actually normal or is it just what you’re used to experiencing?
Each week in my Thyroid Rescue program I ask my community members what questions they have.
Recently I was asked to describe a good period versus a bad period. I thought this was such a great question for TWO key reasons…
1. Understanding your cycle is a gateway to understanding your health. Your cycle affects your mood, your energy, your libido, your body composition, your immune system, and your gut. And all of THOSE things affect how you show up in your life.
2. Having this information empowers you to pick up on subtle body cues - messages from your incredibly intelligent operating system to say “hey, something isn’t quite right here” and take action before it gets to an unmanageable place.
So in this week's episode, we're talking Periods 101. I’m chatting all things ``normal periods” and answering questions like…
❓What are the “phases” of our cycle
❓How do you track your cycle?
❓What level of “pain” is normal?
❓What level of flow is normal?
❓Is it normal that you feel like a 'stage 6 nutter' before you bleed?
💕 Knowing your body is easier than you think. Education + trusting in your intuition = a more empowering place to approach your health from 🙌
Cyndi O’Meara is a nutritionist, film maker, bestselling author, speaker and founder of Changing Habits, a whole food company that believes everything begins and ends with food and that health food should actually be just that - healthy.
Cyndi graduated with a degree in Nutrition from Deakin University in 1984 where her special interest was ancestral foods. At the end of her degree she was so disillusioned by the nutritional guidelines that she paved her own path, steering clear of the low-fat diets of the day.
Her groundbreaking 1998 book ‘Changing Habits Changing Lives’ became an instant bestseller and from there she has grown a successful whole food company, developed a range of healthy eating programs and a certified online nutrition course. In 2016 Cyndi released the acclaimed documentary ‘What’s With Wheat?’ which received 150,000 downloads globally in the first week.
2020 brought LAB TO TABLE, the completely revised, updated and extended version of Cyndi’s bestseller, Changing Habits Changing Lives. Cyndi educates people so they are empowered to know better, eat better and live better - because educating people about whole food is the key to a rebellion and everyone deserves to know exactly what they are eating.
You can find out more about Cyndi and Changing Habits at changinghabits.com.au
- Cyndi's journey into Nutriton, whole food living, regenerative farming and knowing where your food comes from
- The story of wheat and why there is an increase in intolerances
- Glysphophate dangers when it comes to our health + where/how it gets into our food supply
- Knowing where your food comes from and why this is important
- How to get started with eating more of a wholefoods based diet
- So much more!
Our guest: Helen Marshall
Helen Marshall is the founder of Primal Alternative, a healthy baking and licensing business. She’s also a health coach and an advocate for living your best life!
Helen’s mission is to empower people to be accountable to their purpose with a new business model of freedom – the Primalista Licence.
The model was born from a desire to share a successful grain free food business model. As a health coach, Helen saw first hand how people ‘fell off the wagon’ as they missed comfort food staples like bread, pizza, pastries and cookies. So she created nourishing alternatives to the foods everyone loves and they literally sold like hot cakes.
Helen gets the struggles many face finding a vocation that aligns with their values. She packaged everything she’d learnt about creating a food business from home whilst on a healing journey, raising a family and designing a lifestyle around the things she loves.
The Primalista Licence meets the needs of many people in all areas of their lives: vocational, financial, mental, spiritual, social, physical & familial.
To date over 185 Primalistas have joined Primal Alternative in Australia, New Zealand, USA & UK.
She hosts the Primal Alternative Podcast on the Wellness Couch, Australia’s Number 1 health and wellness podcast station.
Before ditching the rat race, she was a Fitness Instructor and Personal trainer then a Business Manager for a leading recruitment company in the city. Helen has interviewed people all of her life listening to their desires around health, work and lifestyle and has combined those skills to bring her greatest contribution yet – the Primalista Licence.
Helen lives on 100 acres of wilderness in Albany, WA with her husband Mike and their children Sam & Milly. She likes pilates, massage, coffee with her bestie, sunbathing, meditation, walks in nature and champagne in the spa.
Find Helen below:
Website - www.primalalternative.com
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/primalalternative/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/primalalternative
- Healing through a Primal lifestyle approach
- What a Primalista is and the story of Primal Alternative
- Finding community and connection through the work
- Turning your passion into profit and living a life you love
So much more!