Our guest: Dr Lewis Ehrlich
Lewis is a holistic dentist at Sydney Holistic Dental Centre. With a background in professional soccer and his passion for holistic health, Lewis focuses on the link between oral health and general overall health. His mission is to educate people to take control of their own health and prevent oral health disease and in-turn overall health diseases.
Before studying dentistry, he completed a Bachelor of Science at North eastern University in Boston, after receiving a soccer scholarship where he played for 2 years. He then moved to Iceland where he played professional soccer.
Lewis is passionate about the many links between oral and general health. He is a qualified fitness instructor and has graduated from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition in New York, with a qualification in Holistic Health Coaching. He is also a member of the Australasian College of Nutritional & Environmental Medicine (ACNEM), the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain, and the American Academy of Cosmetic Orthodontics.
- Main nutritional goals post pregnancy
- Do women still need to be eating “extra”, if so, how much?
- Important nutrients and specific foods for post pregnancy
- Food prep strategies for new mums
- Meal frequency post pregnancy
- Thoughts on low carb post pregnancy
- Advice and experience on the pressure to "losing baby weight"
- Kate's experience with post natal depression
- Supplements and essential oils post pregnancy
Kate's blog on post natal depression
- What is Hashimoto’s?
- How can you get tested properly
- Clinical signs/symptoms of Hashimoto's
- Dietary approaches to decreasing thyroid antibodies
- Supplements to help reduce thyroid antibodies and promote thyroid function
- Important lifestyle tweaks
- What happens if none of that works? What else can be at play?
- Brief summary about Nat’s Thyroid Rescue program coming soon
Sonya Reynolds is a Nutritionist, with over 10 years industry experience. Sonya specialises children’s nutrition and has an abundance of experience working with children with special needs. This passion was born from her own personal experience with her beautiful daughter which you can hear more about in the podcast. Sonya currently practise online via Skype and in person at Studio-You clinicin Birchgrove which is in Sydney’s Inner West.
You can find Sonya here.
What is PMS?
Should we just accept PMS as part of “being a woman?”
What are the causes of PMS?
What dietary changes can we make to help with PMS?
Can exercise help with PMS? If so, which kind?
Supplements to help treat PMS
Essential oils for PMS
- Random rant on our favourite personal development resources at the moment
- What is high intensity exercise
- What are the benefits and downsides?
- How much is enough and how much is too much?
- Is there anyone who shouldn't do it?
- If you are going to do a fairly large amount of it (4+ days) what do you need to consider?
- The importance of adequate protein, plus how much is "adequate"?- - The importance of adequate carbohydrates, plus how much is "adequate"
In this episode we are joined by Lucy Lichtenstein who is a Sydney-based wellness writer, women’s circle facilitator, yoga teacher and host of the Reconnected.me Podcast and the website www.reconnected.me
She is also a philosophy geek, poet, whole-foodie, nature being, experiencer, ecstatic dancer and mover.
Lucy has spent many years down the path of health and wellness, which naturally progressed into a wondrous journey of heart and consciousness expansion, realising, reconnecting with and remembering who she truly is, and who we truly are as humans and beyond.
Lucy believes in spreading love, health, kindness and inspiration. She now knows that her purpose and path of heart is to share from her experience to serve, support, hold space for and walk alongside others on a simultaneous journey home to the Self. She feels we are here to be in communities, to connect, collaborate, co-create, contribute and to express the innate tribal part of our nature.
Find Lucy at her wellness hub of health information, blogs, podcasts, conscious poetry, life musings, yoga and women’s circle offerings at www.reconnected.me
- What is community, what has it meant to us in the past and how do we re-create it in modern society?
- How do we find "our tribe", where do we actually start?
- What the hell is Women's Circle and what are they actually about?
- Resources to inspire your own community journey
- Letting go of old relationships to build new stronger connections
- What are neurotransmitters?
- How are these neurotransmitters made
- The key neurotransmitters and what they do
- Foods are rich in amino acids
- Other foods that can positively influence mood health
- Foods that can negatively affect mood health and neurotransmitter balance
- What is amino acid therapy? And how do you know if you should try it?
- Are there any risks associated with self experimenting with amino acid therapy?
- Essential Oils for mood health
- Lessons we have learnt in 2017
- Looking forward to 2018; personal and business goals
- How to set yourself up for success in 2018
- Special offer on meal planning packages
- Info about Kate's next HA course
- Signs you may be consuming too little carbohydrates
- What to expect when reintroducing carbs, including what are normal teething issues and what may be a bigger problem
- Tips/strategies on reintroducing carbs: types, how many, ways to make the transition easier
- What to do if you are still experiencing issues after reintroducing carbs including addressing hormones, gut health and thyroid health
- Gut skin connection
- Diet recommendations for healthy skin
- The role of smart supplementation. Which ones and why
- Essential oils for great skin
- Lifestyle hacks to help improve skin health
- Lots more :)
- Tips on hosting and attending parties/social gatherings
- Best ways to enjoy alcohol and minimise its detrimental side effects using smart choices, strategies and specific supplements
- Dealing with anxiety around social gatherings
- Maintaining gut health through the party season
– Situations where lowering your protein intake is beneficial
– Situations where high protein diets are beneficial
– Protein on a Vegan diet
– Autophagy explained and intermitted fasting appropriateness
– Glucose uptake after training
- Diet tweaks to manage stress
- Supplements that can support you through stressful times
- Lifestyle and exercise hacks for reducing stress
- Essential oils for stressful times
- Louise Hay Daily affirmations
- Louise Hay You can heal your life
This episode is all about Kate's natural birth story, including her prep leading up to it, what happened in her journey and lots more tips tricks and info for all you mummas to be and general curious beings!